Skip to Content

Campus Access FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions

Have a question regarding rules for outdoor tabling? Check below to review our most frequently asked questions!

I want to play music (or some form of sound) for my outdoor request. Where and when can I do that?

Amplified sound is permitted in the following spaces during the listed times.

- LBJ Mall and Amphitheater from 11am-1pm and 5pm-10pm every day.

-Bobcat Trail from 11am-1pm on Tuesdays/Thursdays

-Jones Dining Hall green space from 11am-1pm on Wednesdays

Amplified sound is not permitted in the Quad at any time.

Please mark the type of amplified sound you will be having on your outdoor tabling request form.


I want to sell/handout food outdoors. What do I need to do that?

All food and drink handed out during outdoor tabling must be factory sealed. Please complete the campus access form in EMS and list the types of items you will be handing out or selling.

How many dates and tables per week can I reserve?

Due to COVID, we are limiting organization and department reservations to once a week, but for that one reservation, you are permitted to have up to two tabling spaces reserved.

For example, my organization, Squirrels of America has reserved space in Bobcat Trail on 3/5/2021 and reserved tabling spaces 3 and 4.


What spaces are currently available to reserve?

At this time, space is available in the LBJ Mall, the Quad and Bobcat Trail. Our Campus Access webpage contains maps for all 3 locations and includes the assigned spaces available.

I am trying to login to EMS to reserve space, but I am only seeing templates for Alkek. What do I do?

This may mean that you are not listed on your organization's most recent registration. Only officers listed on the organization registration have access to the reservation system. Confirm with your organization who should be and is on the registration.

If you are currently listed as an officer and the templates are still not showing up, please contact Student Involvement at or call 512-245-3219.

Can I bring non-TXST guests to staff my table or participate in my event?

No. At this time, due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are not permitting outside guests  to participate in on campus events.

Are masks required?

Yes, masks are required for everyone staffing the table.

Does Student Involvement provide the tables for us?

No, Student Involvement does not provide any tabling equipment. Organizations are responsible for bringing their own table if they want one.

If you are requesting tabling space in the LBJ Mall only, the LBJ Conference Services team can provide a table for you. You will need to check in with them on the 2nd floor of the LBJ Student Center on the day of your reservation to receive a table.

Are we required to track attendance for outdoor tabling?

No. Event attendance tracking is required for all other organization events such as meeting, retreats  both on and off campus, but is not required for outdoor tabling.

Are outdoor tabling spaces first come first serve?

Outdoor tabling spaces are assigned. When you fill out the request to reserve space, you must specify which space you want. Groups are expected to set up in their assigned spaces.